what happened to Sammi speakers?

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

bigbeck
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

what happened to Sammi speakers?

Post by bigbeck »

I just put a 12" 50 watt Sammi speaker in an 18 watt Superlite combo and it sounds fantastic! I bought it a couple of years ago from someone on this forum. I can't remember who it was. He hand delivered it to my house! 8O

I've used the WGS Vintage 30 which sounds good but not as good as the 50 watt Sammi. Anyone buy these speakers lately?
0 x

MadDitch
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by MadDitch »

I heard a lot of people rave about them, looks like their still around. http://www.sammisound.com/products/pro/03-01.htm
0 x

bigbeck
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by bigbeck »

Yeah but, who sells them retail?
0 x

Smokin-Tone
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Smokin-Tone »

There are currently no US distributors. HeeBGB used to sell them but he got out of it a while back. They are good speakers though.
0 x

SpentMusic
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by SpentMusic »

If you want one, I have a used 12" here that you can buy for low money. Send an email to:
jeff@dst-engineering.com

We used them in the U84-TNT amps for a while but then went to Celestion or Eminence.
0 x

StarGeezers
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by StarGeezers »

Quote: "We used them in the U84-TNT amps for a while but then went to Celestion or Eminence."
Spent, what made you change ? Tone or just availability ???
0 x

SpentMusic
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by SpentMusic »

Two main reasons. 1st, why add another selling topic (other they just less cost) to a boutique amp and end up having to sell someone on an unknown speaker.

2nd, for the british tone the celestion is just it! Does not matter that they moved to China (won't go into that topic) they are just the classic sound and they provide it.

After a few price changes with sammie going up and our pricing of celestions going down it just made more sense. I do feel the celestion sounds better and the G12h 30 is very efficient @ 100 db rating, so you get more volume per watt in a little package. The Eminence Canabis Rex is a great speaker and we use it a lot for our jazz customers. The Red Fang was the best Alnico deal on the planet and we use to buy that speaker for less then 100.00!!!!! But now to high a price point for the TNT.
0 x