Blues!

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Psalm150
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Blues!

Post by Psalm150 »

For the best sounding 18w, it's gotta be 2 celestion blues! NOthing else comes close. If you have to sell your mother's jewlry to do it, I would not hesitate. Well I'd probably hesitate...and then run to the pawn shop. Just kidding. I'd hock it on ebay! All other speakers bow to the blue! Your 18w is not sounding as good if you have any other speaker at all! In my humble opinion.
What are youse guyses favorites? And what config?
0 x

EBE
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by EBE »

My first 18watt had a Weber Alnico Blue Dog and I really liked the tone. My current 18watt has a Weber Ceramic Blue Dog and it is good but I would say it is a bit more raw or not as smooth as the Alnico. I am going to try an Eminence V12 on my next build. I would really like to try a Celestion blue but man even at a discounted price it is too much cash. Maybe when my pub band makes it big :mrgreen:

Norm
0 x

RossH
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by RossH »

That's pretty zealous for being a humble opinion... :P

It's the G12H-30 for me. Blues and Greens are nice as well.

Ross
0 x

AdamK
Admin
Admin

Post by AdamK »

I might be pretty zealous too if I just spent near $500 on 2 speakers, but "best" seems to be a rough concept with the crowd that hangs out here.

I have to say that while I love the 10" Weber Blue and Silver combo that I have going now, I tried a friends cab loaded with a G12H30 and it was pretty magical. Signifigantly thicker. But that could have been the cab too - tough to tell. I would like to try a Celes. Blue though. I've heard great things about it.

Adam
0 x

Psalm150
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Hey Adam...

Post by Psalm150 »

How does that silver sound? I've been thinking about a 2x10 and I'm up in the air between the blue pups and the silver.
And I got lucky on my Celestion blues. I had one from a previous amp that I sold and got another one at a steal, before that recent insane price jump!!
I hope everyone knows my zeal was meant in jest. I usually hate using those little yellow heads that clue people in to the fact that you're joking. It seems too obvious to me and takes the humor out.
0 x

AdamK
Admin
Admin

Post by AdamK »

Psalm - I really need to disconnect each of those one at a time and A/B them to get a feel for how diff they are. I'll do that this weekend, and let you all know how it goes.

Adam
0 x

Psalm150
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Psalm150 »

Great, Adam, thanks a lot!
0 x

SteveinTempe
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

For those who bargain hunters out there Heppner