Mojotone Trem problem

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

rockon1
Unrated

Mojotone Trem problem

Post by rockon1 »

Well after reading about difficulties with their trem circuit I decided to eliminate my by pulling the V3 and grounding the middle lug of the volume control. Thanks to any that may have had in hand in this 'mod'... Bob
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Re: Mojotone Trem problem

Post by Bieworm »

To what purpose? Do you not want tremolo anymore?
0 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"

rockon1
Unrated

Post by rockon1 »

ITS ALIVE!!!! Minus the trem channel that is. Bob

0 x

rockon1
Unrated

Post by rockon1 »

Bieworm wrote: ↑
Tue 03/01/22 8:41 am
To what purpose? Do you not want tremolo anymore?
Never wanted it. If the guys on this board have trouble making it work right I didnt have a chance. If it came along without problem I'd naturally take it Bob
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Post by Bieworm »

ALL of the amps I built have tremolo. I never have had issues that couldn't be solved.
And those who know me know I'm very picky on that subject.
Ok, let it settle for a while.. and then address that issue.
Oh dear.. JJ tubes... get rid of them. They will fail soon...especially the EZ81 and the EL84s
Just kidding.. but there is a great chance they will actually. Beware
0 x

rockon1
Unrated

Post by rockon1 »

[url][/url]
Tue 03/01/22 12:28 pm
ALL of the amos I built have tremolo. I never have had issues that couldn't be solved.
Oh dear.. JJ tubes... get rid of them. They will fail soon...especially the EZ81 and the EL84s
I take it your experienced... I on the other hand am not " a mans gotta know his limitations "...

https://youtu.be/uki4lrLzRaU
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Post by Bieworm »

rockon1 wrote: ↑
Tue 03/01/22 4:09 pm
[url][/url]
ALL of the amos I built have tremolo. I never have had issues that couldn't be solved.
I take it your experienced... I on the other hand am not " a mans gotta know his limitations "...

You can learn. I didn't know anything about amp building until I started my first build in February 2020. Josh guided me through the whole process and bit by bit I got the hang of it . I kept on building more and more amps.. different types too. In fact, my 3rd amp was a real complex build.. a tone king imperial clone. That was a real hard one to get it the way I liked it. I made a lot of changes to the original circuit. I'm building an upgrade of that version at the moment.

But I'm hands on.. and I love building.. I can't stop anymore πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
20220301_222217.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

rockon1
Unrated

Post by rockon1 »

Tue 03/01/22 4:22 pm
[url][/url]

You can learn. I didn't know anything about amp building until I started my first build in February 2020. Josh guided me through the whole process and bit by bit I got the hang of it . I kept on building more and more amps.. different types too. In fact, my 3rd amp was a real complex build.. a tone king imperial clone. That was a real hard one to get it the way I liked it. I made a lot of changes to the original circuit. I'm building an upgrade of that version at the moment.

But I'm hands on.. and I love building.. I can't stop anymore 20220301_222217.jpg
Listen I dont know how much time I have left on this earth. I simply wanted to build an amp before its over. 8) 8) And if I had more time I'd do things differently on my next build...Bob
1 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Post by Bieworm »

Tue 03/01/22 8:27 pm
Tue 03/01/22 4:22 pm
[url][/url]

But I'm hands on.. and I love building.. I can't stop anymore 20220301_222217.jpg
Listen I dont know how much time I have left on this earth. I simply wanted to build an amp before its over. 8) 8) And if I had more time I'd do things differently on my next build...Bob
No problem Bob. If you need help in any way, we'll help you.
Enjoy your build manπŸ‘πŸ‘
1 x

lavrgs
The MAN

Post by lavrgs »

I built a Mojotone trem unit and the trem works...I must admit a couple weeks ago I had to wiggle V3 to get it to trem...9-).
I bought my kit and it sat for quite a while and by the time I got to building Mojotone had update their layout and schematic so I followed their latest. I bought the kit to learn how amps worked and it's lack of instructions made me go off and find this forum.
It was a much more difficult build than my first, which was a much more complicated amp- Allen Accomplice; the instructions were flawless and I built the amp turned it on and have been playing it for 6 years. The problem was I didn't learn much, except that I'm good at following instructions.
I made several errors in the Mojotone but they helped me by making me work harder. I learned the real time effect of V=iR when I had an incorrect voltage ...a bad solder connection was found and viola; volts appeared. A friend of mine says "education is expensive" and it's true, but while you're there with your wallet out you may as well get all that you paid for.
The people on this forum are very helpful and will work with you to get the full educational benefit from the funds you've put down.
0 x