Military projector amp - last edited 9/26/22 - layout help needed

Forum to discuss amp circuits besides the 18 Watters and their ilk.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Re: Military projector amp - last edited 9/26/22 - layout help needed

Post by JMPGuitars »

yello wrote:
Wed 09/28/22 12:05 pm
Currently I'm creating a new layout for this amp circuit, so it can be built on a turret board in a typical amp chassis, not in the original projector enclosure which is crowded and convoluted. That means I'm not recreating what I see in person in my layout, but rather translating the original schematic and original layout, into a totally new (better) layout. Its a great learning process.
That's great! And it also means you can do whatever you want. ;)
1 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale

yello
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by yello »

JMPGuitars wrote:
Wed 09/28/22 8:01 pm
yello wrote:
Wed 09/28/22 12:05 pm
Currently I'm creating a new layout for this amp circuit, so it can be built on a turret board in a typical amp chassis, not in the original projector enclosure which is crowded and convoluted. That means I'm not recreating what I see in person in my layout, but rather translating the original schematic and original layout, into a totally new (better) layout. Its a great learning process.
That's great! And it also means you can do whatever you want. ;)
I will likely mimic the layout sections of the 18w, as that worked out great when I built my ef86 Lite 2p.
1 x

yello
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by yello »

Here is a question, as I draw up my own new layout for this circuit:

There isn't anything that connects to filter cap C216B - it is connected to filter cap C216A and C216C via a 350 ohm 3w resistor on either side (R240 and R228). What is the point of that? Can I just eliminate C216B and just up the resistor size between C216A and C216C? Would the resistor be 700 ohms 5w? Or 1k or 1.5k 5w? Or does cap size need to change too?

In other words, can I redesign this filter stage to work better and without (what seems to my inexperienced eyes as) extraneous parts?

0 x