Re-Introduction

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, rock_mumbles

E-rexA
Unrated

Re-Introduction

Post by E-rexA »

So glad to see this is still an active group/website :) I don't know how many years it has been since I've been here but at one point about 15? years ago remember spending most of my time on the internet here. I still have the 18 watt Lite IIb I originally built along with fond memories of those days. My current giging amp is a Winfield Ten but I need to re-familarize myself with my 18W and that is what made remember this site. Thanks for still being here! Eric - Tucson AZ
2 x

Daviedawg
Superior Amp Tech
Superior Amp Tech

Re: Re-Introduction

Post by Daviedawg »

Welcome back. There are still a few long termers calling in now and then.

Dd
2 x

E-rexA
Unrated

Re: Re-Introduction

Post by E-rexA »

Thanks! Cranked up my 18W Lite and fell back in love with the "clean" tones at big-boy volumes...something my go-to amp for the past bunch of years (Winfield Ten) can't do. Cranked it to 7 in the higher gain channel and immediately remembered why I had to use a Weber mini-mass attenuator to take it down a few dB for the kind of gigs we do. Also felt a lot of pride in the fact that this amp is about 17 years old and seems to be solid as a rock even though I barely knew what I was doing when I built it. She's a keeper for sure...still very grateful to all the people who helped back then.
2 x