36 watter in video

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

36 watter in video

Post by Plexi »

A while back I loaned the proto type of the 36 watter{the white TREX in my gallery} to some friends who were signed to a major recording label. They took the amp to LA, for recording there new CD.
They have been working on it it since Oct.. And the guitar player was in for the holiday.
He brought a rough cut of some of the CD. And got to see a sample of there video shoot. They are useing 3 amps i built,mostly plexi type marshall amps,and a few reworked Soundcitys and a fender deluxe.

It still may be a while before the CD or video is out,but they are finishing it up and final mixing etc.
Then i hope i can put up some still pics,links or something.. But its cool how they shot the band,and alot of shots of the amps from the side of the facepanels etc..
I guess it is cool to people who are amp nuts like most of us..

Very nice tone from the amps on the CD too.. But as they say,sometimes a good guitar player can make anything sound good..
As i get some info,of when or where they might have the video playing,i'll let ya know..

Richie
0 x

JonFrum
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by JonFrum »

Next we'll be seeing some supermodel giving you the Amp of the Year award on the MTV awards.

:D
0 x

Gabi
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by Gabi »

Superb, Richie!

How cool is that!!! Let us know when the video is out!

Gabi.
0 x

servant
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by servant »

What is the name of the band? We should keep an ear out...
0 x

dboul
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Re: 36 watter in video

Post by dboul »

Plexi wrote:A while back I loaned the proto type of the 36 watter{the white TREX in my gallery} to some friends who were signed to a major recording label. They took the amp to LA, for recording there new CD.
. . .Richie

Right on Richie!! Congratulations!! If it's okay with the band, we'd love to hear a soundbite!?! :-)

Happy New Year!!
0 x

EBE
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: 36 watter in video

Post by EBE »

Plexi wrote:A while back I loaned the proto type of the 36 watter{the white TREX in my gallery} to some friends who were signed to a major recording label. They took the amp to LA, for recording there new CD.
They have been working on it it since Oct.. And the guitar player was in for the holiday.
He brought a rough cut of some of the CD. And got to see a sample of there video shoot. They are useing 3 amps i built,mostly plexi type marshall amps,and a few reworked Soundcitys and a fender deluxe.

It still may be a while before the CD or video is out,but they are finishing it up and final mixing etc.
Then i hope i can put up some still pics,links or something.. But its cool how they shot the band,and alot of shots of the amps from the side of the facepanels etc..
I guess it is cool to people who are amp nuts like most of us..

Very nice tone from the amps on the CD too.. But as they say,sometimes a good guitar player can make anything sound good..
As i get some info,of when or where they might have the video playing,i'll let ya know..

Richie
Is the Trex going to be in the video?

Norm
0 x

bnwitt
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Deserving

Post by bnwitt »

Richie,
it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. You're an excellent tech and a straight shooter my friend.
Barry
0 x
Corona AmpWorks
Guides on Your Quest for Tone

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

"""Right on Richie!! Congratulations!! If it's okay with the band, we'd love to hear a soundbite!?! """

Dan, i'll see what i can do, i wouldn't want to step on there toes so to speak. Since its still not finished. maybe they wouldn't care for just a small guitar clip.:)

"""What is the name of the band?""""

American Minor, they have 4 songs from there EP at myspace.com

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac ... 1230203630

"""it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. You're an excellent tech and a straight shooter my friend. """

Thanks Barry, Gabi ,Jon for the compliments..i'm just glad to see these guys doing good ,they are a great bunch of guys,i've know them, and worked on there amps for a few years.

"""Is the Trex going to be in the video? """

Norm, yes its in the video,HAHAHA you can't miss it,being a white head..really its a cool video for people who like to see the amps and cool guitar stuff.
Its just of the band playing,and alot of the shots pan in on the gear they use.
A couple marshall 4x12's Sound City 50 plus,a 50 watt marshall i built from a 100watt RI,using an MM OT and heyboer PT with a recto tap.The TREX 36 head for the lead player. Rythm player useing a plexified traynor with a Heyboer OT running a Vox cab ,and a 68 deluxe.
bass is a 150 SoundCity ampeg,and Soundcity cab. He also has a fender PS 300,but its not in the video. Mostly marshally built amps.
A Les Paul,and white SG,and jazz bass. As for drums i know he uses cool stuff too,but i have no idea on the drum stuff,i think Gretch like Mitch Mitchell used.

The song is called Buffalo Creek.most may not know what its about..so here is a link of what the song is about. Since the guys are from W.Va

http://www.wvculture.org/history/buffcreek/bctitle.html

I'll post some thing when i can. And if its ok with them. Or may have to wait till its out.

Richie
0 x

EBE
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by EBE »

[quote="Plexi]
Norm, yes its in the video,HAHAHA you can't miss it,being a white head..really its a cool video for people who like to see the amps and cool guitar stuff.
Its just of the band playing,and alot of the shots pan in on the gear they use.
Richie[/quote]

Can't wait to see it!! Especially with my ever so small link to the TREX.

Norm
0 x

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

""""Can't wait to see it!! Especially with my ever so small link to the TREX. """

Yep Norm.. thats the box you made that the 36 watter lives in..

Richie
0 x