5e3 Chassis- for a Head, or Fender BF Combo

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Hello. I know this thread isn't 18 watt oriented, but I'm looking to build a 5e3 clone either in a Marshall style head, with the tubes, trannies, etc, on the top of the chassis, & the controls in front. Or... in a combo cab like a BF/SF Princeton, with a slant front control panel. Any sources for chassis makers that can fab a chassis like this out of good thick aluminum, or stainless steel? I don't want to pay an arm & a leg for one, but will pay a reasonable price. Any thoughts on how to source one out locally? What kind of businesses to inquire with, to have it made. Does anyone have any connections with someone who doesen't advertise, but can fab a chassis like this? I'm also intereted in a chassis like this powered by a quad of 6v6's. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Cobra
0 x

loverocker
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by loverocker »

Try a search for 'komboking' - there's a link somewhere on here. I followed it the other day, and if I hadn't already ordered an 18Wer chassis from Graydon, I'd have tried there. He had Fender combo-style and Marshall style options, too, I think.
0 x

gtrmac

Post by gtrmac »

If you can make a CAD drawing you can have it made in a shop that makes chassis. It's not expensive but you must have a good drawing with accurate dimensions.
0 x

ab3640au
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by ab3640au »

I can recommend Mike Brauer (Komboking). There is a link here, however you can get to his website via www.komboking.worldbreak.com.

Barry Marie
0 x

sliberty

Post by sliberty »

I am about to build a 5e3 in a Marshall head style format. I am getting the kit (including chazsis) from dynodan@fmtc.com. He is great to deal with, and does nice work. Tell him I sent you.
0 x

Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Hey Steve, I sent an email to this guy on July 15th, and haven't heard from him. I'll email him again. Thanks for the info. Cobra
0 x

Komboking

Post by Komboking »

I was on vacation last week - if I missed someone's email - I'm sorry :mrgreen: Contact me now and I'll fix you up! And Barry - thanks for the kind words!
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

Cobra, you can get a complete board and components kit for the 5E3 from Ceriatone - http://www.ceriatone.com I've bought from them in the past and it's very high quality stuff, plus their prices are real good. Add that to a Komboking chassis and you're away!
0 x

idiotwithasolderingiron

Post by idiotwithasolderingiron »

funny, I just did that very thing - Mike just made me up several chassis, and Nik just sold me a nicely wired up 5e3 board.
0 x