Recording soundclips on the cheap?

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

NitroLiq
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by NitroLiq »

Servant: If you like NI's B3, you should check out some of instruments that come with Logic Audio Platinum....the EVP B3 and Rhodes EVP88 are slammin'! I went through a period where i couldn't stop using the EVP88 for everything. The B3 has several presets for capturing tones such as various moments of Jon Lords to Jimmy Smith to general gospel. Check them out if you ever get the chance....I've also tried Lounge Lizard which is another Rhodes softsynth...it's good but Logic's sounds better to my ears.

NI is a good a company, I use several of their products, especially, their Kontakt sampler. Reaktor is cool too if you're a synth tweaker.

Regarding Sony: I haven't tried Vegas as I use Adobe Premiere for video editing. Sound Forge is my 2-track editor of choice though I'm still using the last Sonic Foundry version before Sony bought them....good application. I tend to use it alot as a sketchbook, jotting down song ideas. If I have something more concrete or I want to try to write to drum tracks or something, then I'll reach for Logic or Nuendo.
0 x