Amp used at Guitar siminar..and amp blabbing

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Amp used at Guitar siminar..and amp blabbing

Post by Plexi »

Just wanted to do a little blabbing, and tell of some cool things that are happening....

First i'd like to say this is in the early works right now. I do some repair work for a Vintage guitar/amp instrumet dealer in my Area. They sell to people all over the world. And i got a call about doing a showcase. They are going to have a guitar siminar in late April{if it all works out ok} and they want to use a couple of my 18 watters. The stock clone,and the higher gain clone.

From what i was told, the guitar player they are going to have, to do the siminar, is a heck of a player. Some of you may have heard of him,his name is Dave White. And was raised in the same area where the guitar store is. {Charleston W.Va}
He can play alot of different types of music,jazz, country, Rock,ect.. And been asked to play with many top name bands.
I think he has some clips on www.mp3.com.

So hopefully,i can get some pics,and try to get some sound clips..i don't know if they will let me do any recording..may have to clear that with someone.

Another thing to blab about..i have a friend that works in LA doing recording work. he's worked on Dave Davies CD, and many others,, And this part is sketchy.. because i can't remember who he told me the artists name was..lol ...anyway.. he said something about Mick Fleetwood helping out the person that is opening for them on there tour.. And my friend used the 18 watter i built for him, for the guitar tracks on that CD.Hopefully i can find out more about this..i don't think the CD is out till April... Anyway.. i thought this was pretty cool.. and i'll post some more info when i get it..:) Maybe even someone on here might know who the Artist is. All i know is, its the opening act for the Fleetwood Mac tour..

Richie

[/b]
0 x

Gabi
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by Gabi »

Whoa!

This is pretty cool!!!

Keep us posted Rich. I am very curious of the sound!

Gabi.
0 x

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Update WOW!!

Post by Plexi »

Well i got to hear most of the CD the guitar player is working on..All i can say is WOW.. look out Joe Satriani,Steve Via,Eric Johnson..and all the rest..
I usually don't get this excited... but man this guy is a fantastic player.
As the CD is not yet final mixed yet, its unbelievable. Even scarry someone can play that good. The funny thing is,hes played a lot of studio jobs,and nashville, and backed big time country names..But never a deal on his own.
This is more like Steve Via on steroids. It still looks like its in the works for a few more weeks.
Still hoping to maybe get to record some clips of him playing through the 18 watters.And i get the Ok to post them.. I can say one thing,and as they say.."mark my words" when word spreads of this guy..he'll be in all the Guitar mags..

Also found out my friend from CA. will be here monday,so i can find out what bands CD the 18 watt guitar tracks are on
Richie
0 x