3rd winner in Mark Durham Memorial giveaway!

In memory of Mark

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Graydon

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

3rd winner in Mark Durham Memorial giveaway!

Post by Graydon »

Guys,

We have raised over $7500 so far for Sheri, Marissa and Jessica Durham.

Please refer to the first winner thread here for information about how we are picking the numbers...

http://www.18watt.com/modules.php?name= ... ic&t=14085

The third winner of the giveaway wins a set of Humbuckers from WB Custom Pickups. WB will custom tailor the sound of your pickups to your style and tonal preference.

Congratulations to

Hywel Sollis

for winning the first set of WB Custom Pickups!

Our next drawing will be in a few days and it will be for one more set of WB pickups. Please dig up some holiday cheer and click that paypal link above and donate your dollars to the cause. Every $10 donated gives you a better chance of winning a prize. Sheri and the girls are very appreciative of what we are doing and they certainly need it.

Once again, congrats to Hywel Sollis for winning the WB Custom Pickups!
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

BBQLS1
Old timer, Never stops talking
Old timer, Never stops talking

Post by BBQLS1 »

Congrats Hywel!
0 x
Don´t ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answers you want me to.

tarzanalog
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by tarzanalog »

It's like the 12 days of Christmas... for a good cause!
0 x

Hywelsollis

Post by Hywelsollis »

Woah.......am I reading this correctly? 8O 8O 8O

:P

I'm truly stoked to have won these pickups, and am glad to be part of such a great online community. I'll be donating some more cash to the fund right away and urge you all to do the same.

So here's to 18watt.com and the Durham family,
Cheers!

Hywel Sollis
0 x

mcdadez
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by mcdadez »

How long is this fund going on for? it wont be till about next week i get some dosh in my paypal account.I probably wont win anything but after reading some posts using the search function Mark seemed a good guy and very helpfull to alot of people, his family probably need the money right now so i was just wondering when it closes?
0 x

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

mcdadez wrote:How long is this fund going on for? it wont be till about next week i get some dosh in my paypal account.I probably wont win anything but after reading some posts using the search function Mark seemed a good guy and very helpfull to alot of people, his family probably need the money right now so i was just wondering when it closes?
We'll be giving out prizes until the end of December. I believe the last giveaway will be on New Year's Eve.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

WBCustomPickups
Unrated

Post by WBCustomPickups »

Congratulations to Hywel Sollis! We got your specs and your pickups will be made and shipped by the New Year!

We are so happy to be part of this for Marks family. Thank you to everyone who had helped out.

Will & Laura

WB Custom Pickups
www.wbpickups.com
Redding, California
0 x

Gabi
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by Gabi »

Congrats Hywel!

Gabi
0 x

pure_tube

Post by pure_tube »

You guys make me smile every time I read through the newest 'winner' thread. If Christmas wasn't so overstressed, I would say this is true Christmas spirit.
But it is true human spirit!

You are really doing a good thing here.

Best wishes to all the 'charity staff' and the donators, especially the ones that donated the 'prizes'.

Joe
0 x

7enderman

Post by 7enderman »

joe,
nothing to add.

cheers
MIKE
0 x

Sweetwood
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Sweetwood »

I was over Dartanion's house (if you call it that) last night for a little rocking out. There were a couple of prizes over there and all I can say is wow, there will be a couple of stoked people. The neighbors also said wow and at about 10:15, a flashlight came through the window...cops!
0 x

pure_tube

Dime that baby...

Post by pure_tube »

Well Sweetie ;)

Play till the cops come lookin' in through the window - thats what I call a great amp...

Just had the neighbor (from two streets down) come over here by bicycle two days ago on Monday at 12:30 (daytime of course! - but from noon on there is 2 hours 'siesta'). That hasn't happened to me since I was 16... But I just couldn't wait until band practise, and I finally had some pickup settings the way I wanted the sound.
My close neighbors are off to work at that time, so I thought I was safe, sheesh.

Greets!

Joe

"Awww, sir. No sir, that ain't loud sir. You want me to just get my stack for a minute and show you what LOUD is 8O? Just have a short look on the back here: That lil amp here just has 18 watts, I mean the radio in your car has four times that power - it is just a cute small practice amp! Err... Maybe someone was playing Eddie VH (insert guitar hero here) really loud on his radio!!?! Did sound like Eddie didn't it? Naw? Dang!... :oops:"
0 x

Spankenstrat
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Spankenstrat »

I own some WB's and they are fantastic! I could only imagine what I would order for customs????

Congrats My man!
0 x

particle
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by particle »

Congratulations Hywel! hurray congrats
0 x