Revised 36 watt Board

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

stevesuk
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Revised 36 watt Board

Post by stevesuk »

Hey Richie,

Look I have lost the Orange Drops :D

I used two 0.047uf mustards in series instead of the 0.022uf ODs. I also found a batch of 120 ohm 5 watt resistors in a radio ham shop yesterday.

Unfortunately they are waking up to what's going on, and charged me £4 each for new B9A shielded valve bases when they were only a £1 each, the last time I was there, I should have bought the lot.

Steve UK
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

And could I ask where you're getting that stuff from? Have you found a little old radio shop in London...?
0 x

stevesuk
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by stevesuk »

Phil,

As they say in the old films ' Somewhere in England ' .

If you are desperate for something in particular for a build, e-mail me and I'll send it to you. They haven't got any more mustards, and anything they think will do Hi-Fi is price loaded. How about £200 ($400) a pair for NOS GEC KT66s in the original boxes ?
I tend to periodically, buy everything they have, if it's suitable and cheap, they tend to get old workshop or ' deceased ' radio enthusiasts clearouts and ex War Department auctions.

Steve UK
0 x

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

Hey Steve.. on the far left side of the board.. the bypass cap..if you can, move it to the outside,and move the resistor next to the other resistor..
You know, just swap positions..
those resistors put off some heat when the amp is cranking.. It will help to keep the cap on the outside,and away from the resistor just a bit..
and away from the heat.

Everything else looks good.. bet ya can't wait to get to wireing it up..

Richie
0 x