Amp Ignorants and <100watt!

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

fpena

Amp Ignorants and <100watt!

Post by fpena »

This is probably the n'th time somebody writes about this but I had to...

Earlier today I had a 'chat' with a fellow guitar player who thinks a few things: 1. Marshall is sh*t (with that word), 2. That Roland Jazz Chorus is the best amp, 3. That unless you spend more than $1500 on a guitar it's also sh*t, 4. That a guitar that costs $2000 is four times better than one that costs $500, and 5. That an amp must be more than 100 watts to be even considered as such.

I couldn't really laugh at his face because I'm bigger than that, but it did got me thinking about how and why people think what they do about amps.

Could it be that it all comes down to the fact that having at least a 4x12 cab with an Xamp head on top (whatever brand, as long as it's more than 100watt) makes these people feel 'powerful' when otherwise they're not?

Then there's another guitar player who has a Marshall TSL and a 4x12 cab. He plays thru a little box from Yamaha which is a digital modeling thingy... His sound is SO bad that they were refused a recording contract because of it!!!...

How do you tell somebody who has spent a LOT of $$ in his setup that it's what makes him sound so bad!.... hahaha

Oh, well. Sorry about the rant, but I just had to.

:mrgreen:

Fp
0 x