The start of the 18 forum

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, rock_mumbles

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

The start of the 18 forum

Post by Plexi »

This may be a little early,but i was wanting to let people know the 18 watt group has a birhtday april 17,or the day we started.. was in 2001.

For some new members they may not know the road we have been down to collect all the info on this amp. And all the people that helped make it happen. To what we have now. There's proably no way to count how many of these clone amps have been built..or born since we started. And the offshoots and mods that have also been tried.

Some of our best info has come from non-tech guys..Colin and Ian..and others that have shared the info on there 'real' 18s
Their amps were the ones that gave us the answers. And both these guys have always helped with pics,and answered many of our silly questions,and Colin has some great sound files,of both his "real" amp and the clone. And he knows the sound of this amp! he had made many recordings,and played the amp for 20+ years..great guitar player..

We moved from the Yahoo forum because of all the popups and space problems.. And now we are here, which i believe is somewhere close to a birthday here too..lol Gabi may have that info when it was started..but some post show about 3-15-03 2003 of the new forum starting.. So its close..

As for the amp.. they are the raw dog of great rock tone when cranked!!

Richie
0 x

jhguitarlab
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by jhguitarlab »

"Raw Dog". Now that may look good on an amp logo;-] (If you don't mind)
JH
0 x

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

I guess it would be better than "Flesh Fly" LOL
Yeah better grab that one before Weber gets it in his pup,dog collection..

Richie
0 x