EVJ Price increase.

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

BackwoodsJoe

EVJ Price increase.

Post by BackwoodsJoe »

Just got a new catalog and the EVJ's are going for $130.00 . I guess we're driving up the prices!
Joe
0 x

Alexo
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by Alexo »

EVERYTHING is going up in price. I just paid $3.11 per gallon of low-grade gas, and that was at the cheapie station!

...bites tongue to avoid political comments...
0 x

geekmacdaddy
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by geekmacdaddy »

Alexo wrote:EVERYTHING is going up in price. I just paid $3.11 per gallon of low-grade gas, and that was at the cheapie station!

...bites tongue to avoid political comments...
try 3.37/gal here in L.A......
0 x

allgonoslow

Post by allgonoslow »

Since when do amps need gas?
0 x

rbruss82

Post by rbruss82 »

Every product you buy needs gas to ship it from point A to point B.
0 x

brownnote
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by brownnote »

Not to mention the G.A.S. that's driving the market :wink:
0 x
Remember kids...Always adjust for minimum smoke!

drgonzo2

Post by drgonzo2 »

Try $8.50/gal here in the U.K...
0 x
Beware of the PENGUINS!!!! They be EVIL I tell ya...

nomad100
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by nomad100 »

i wonder how long it will be before someone start popping off gas executives and or blowing up gas stations. Just remember it's not the station owners fault
0 x

95strat
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by 95strat »

drgonzo2 wrote:

Is that a US gallon or UK gallon? (not like it matters THAT much its still super expensive!)

Our prices in Canada shot up the other day, and I thought our prices were bad! Prices in my hometown work out to about $4.08 per US gallon. On the news in BC I saw the prices as high as about $4.92/gallon!!!

This is insane.... and the gas companies say its not goughing but "supply & demand"... RIGHT! And that's why the are making record profits year after year.... oh wait a sec, I think a camel in the middle east just passed wind, better raise the gas prices! :roll:

Sorry, rant over....

It affects everything tho, all industrries, shipping, travelling.... as if shipping amp parts to Canada isn't already expensive enough!
0 x

nomad100
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by nomad100 »

gas maybe more in the europe but cars aren't as much of an necessity there, and they have better public transportation. Quote from a teacher at work form europe. so next time you hear some so called college genus say something like that smack them.
0 x

BBQLS1
Old timer, Never stops talking
Old timer, Never stops talking

Post by BBQLS1 »

95strat wrote:
drgonzo2 wrote:

Is that a US gallon or UK gallon? (not like it matters THAT much its still super expensive!)

Our prices in Canada shot up the other day, and I thought our prices were bad! Prices in my hometown work out to about $4.08 per US gallon. On the news in BC I saw the prices as high as about $4.92/gallon!!!

This is insane.... and the gas companies say its not goughing but "supply & demand"... RIGHT! And that's why the are making record profits year after year.... oh wait a sec, I think a camel in the middle east just passed wind, better raise the gas prices! :roll:

Sorry, rant over....

It affects everything tho, all industrries, shipping, travelling.... as if shipping amp parts to Canada isn't already expensive enough!
Gas is a traded commodity kinda like stocks. Thing is there is growing demand as countries develop. China and India's grow is driving more demand than ever as they develop much like the US did in the 20th century.

I don't think oil companies are doing anything to help (like build more refineries), but they aren't "raising" gas prices. There really is alot more demand.
0 x
Don´t ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answers you want me to.

Bluesmechanic
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Bluesmechanic »

95strat wrote:This is insane.... and the gas companies say its not goughing but "supply & demand"... RIGHT! And that's why the are making record profits year after year.... oh wait a sec, I think a camel in the middle east just passed wind, better raise the gas prices!
Exactly! Thats funny. :rol:
If they don't knock this sillyness off, some of us are going to get pissed and move back to England. :)
0 x

s2
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by s2 »

And you think gas is cheaper there?
0 x
--s2
Custom Amplifiers
Amp Parts & Accessories
www.s2amps.com
www.category5amps.com

Bluesmechanic
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Bluesmechanic »

s2 wrote:And you think gas is cheaper there?
No I don't. :) I could be wrong (again). but I think they do a lot less driving. :)
0 x

insanecopilot
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by insanecopilot »

its not the gas....... its because its so popular, but for that much more it had better come with the hammond transformer stock. i mean that is a big price jump!!!
0 x

Bluesmechanic
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Bluesmechanic »

insanecopilot wrote:its not the gas....... its because its so popular, but for that much more it had better come with the hammond transformer stock. i mean that is a big price jump!!!
It's because MF has changed their Status. They are now a Boutique Valve Amp. :lol:
0 x

martinw
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by martinw »

nomad100 wrote:gas maybe more in the europe but cars aren't as much of an necessity there, and they have better public transportation. Quote from a teacher at work form europe. so next time you hear some so called college genus say something like that smack them.
What do you mean "from Europe"?

Europe is quite a large place, made up of many different countries, which all have different standards of public transport, and varying fuel costs.

I can't speak for the rest of Europe, but here in the UK, I can tell you that public transport is poor and expensive. In rural areas in particular it's bad enough that many people would consider a car to be a necessity. Cities are cities pretty much all over the world.

Please don't make sweeping generalisations. :wink:
0 x

Bluesmechanic
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Bluesmechanic »

martinw wrote: Cities are cities pretty much all over the world.
This isn't gas related, but I'm just curious. Few months ago I had 3 or 4 bullets wizzing past my bedroom window. Turns out they were meant for the girl next door. I only get 4 TV stations and don't read the newspaper. But what news I do watch doesn't ever mention drive-bys in your neck of the woods.
0 x

martinw
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by martinw »

Bluesmechanic wrote:
martinw wrote: Cities are cities pretty much all over the world.
This isn't gas related, but I'm just curious. Few months ago I had 3 or 4 bullets wizzing past my bedroom window. Turns out they were meant for the girl next door. I only get 4 TV stations and don't read the newspaper. But what news I do watch doesn't ever mention drive-bys in your neck of the woods.
Well, why would it? Its hardly global news. Much of it doesn't even make UK national news. Not necessarily drive-bys - doesn't seem to be the fashion here.
Sadly, we do have a plenty of gang and drug related gun crime in our cities. Not on the scale of the US, but enough. Plenty of stabbings and other violence too. Check out the BBC website like this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/default.stm and there's usually a few violent deaths, sometimes in the regional sections if it's not a national story.
In fact, when I said "cities are cities", I meant in terms of transport.
0 x

kyoungsteadt
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by kyoungsteadt »

Here in the US we have plenty of room to grow lots of corn from which you can make vegetable oil that you can run your car on. Myth Busters did it with the nasty used fry vat stuff that they got for free from a fast food restaurant. I don't know if it would be cheaper than Petro but it is renewable and it works.
0 x