To Give or not to Give

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, rock_mumbles

Oldschooltone
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

To Give or not to Give

Post by Oldschooltone »

"I gave a donation today" that I've been procrastinating on for some time now, in fact I am embarrassed to say I have not donated since July/August "06" and that was for Mark D.

This is not meant to guilt:
regardless of weather you are on the giving end or the receiving end of information here this is a great place to talk and sometimes take a break and refresh your brain, I just thought that there might be a few out there like myself that has put off giving to this site.
What is the value of this Site to you?

$5, $10, $15 these are pretty easy numbers and it would only take a couple min. with pay pal.

I barely know the Moderators but I do know the value of personal time that could be spent somewhere else.
0 x

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

Thank you so much for your donation. It is very much appreciated.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com

Oldschooltone
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Oldschooltone »

Thank you, Graydon & the guys
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

I think I once suggested (before I became a mod on this site) that every time someone here has a successful 18W/36W build, they could throw in a small voluntary donation. That would help keep the site running nicely. :D Of course, a serial builder like morcey2, would end up broke in no time :lol:
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

MrMike
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by MrMike »

Another way to give (and by all means, not precluding donating money to keep the site going), is by posting:

- each time you ask a question, see if you can helpfully answer someone else's question (the key word is helpfully)

- if you posted a problem, make sure to post the resolution so others can learn from your work.

- if you discovered something new about 18W amps, ahre it with the group so we can all learn together.
0 x

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by morcey2 »

zaphod_phil wrote:I think I once suggested (before I became a mod on this site) that every time someone here has a successful 18W/36W build, they could throw in a small voluntary donation. That would help keep the site running nicely. :D Of course, a serial builder like morcey2, would end up broke in no time :lol:
I wish I was as serially building as you think I am. At the moment, I'm a serial parts buyer. I've got parts for probably 6 full amps with the exception of some small parts(pots mostly). So, would that be PAS-CGTI (Parts Acquisition Syndrome complicated by Can't Get To It) :P

And donating for every amp I finished wouldn't make me broke, my teenagers have accomplished that for me!

I haven't finished an amp since the Mark Durham JTM45 kit a couple of months ago. You're making me feel guilty now for not having donated in a while. :(

Matt
0 x

Oldschooltone
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Oldschooltone »

OK back to the subject at hand.................

(((just remember,))) "procrastination" can cause frustration and without determination will cause alienation with constipation to a entire generation.

Yeah, I write for Hallmark on the weekends.

p a y p a l
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

morcey2 wrote:I haven't finished an amp since the Mark Durham JTM45 kit a couple of months ago. You're making me feel guilty now for not having donated in a while. :(
I'm sorry Matt, that wasn't my intention. I was just kidding around again... :oops:
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

morcey2
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by morcey2 »

zaphod_phil wrote:
morcey2 wrote:I haven't finished an amp since the Mark Durham JTM45 kit a couple of months ago. You're making me feel guilty now for not having donated in a while. :(
I'm sorry Matt, that wasn't my intention. I was just kidding around again... :oops:
I know, Phil. Don't feel bad about it at all. Every time I play the JTM45, I sit and think about how lucky I am and that I need to donate. So the guilt was already there long before your post. So you actually motivated me to do something I should have done long ago.

I got a GDS chassis that rocks, awesome preamp tubes and rectifier, amazing marstran trannies/choke, and a loaded turret board that is a work of art by itself. I had it over at the blues jam a month or so ago and was talking to one of the regulars there about it. He said "So you got this for FREE?" Well, not totally, but pretty much. That night I was going to come home and donate, but, being totally riddled with ADD, I forgot by the time i got here. It's just like when I'm supposed to call someone, the only time I think about it is when I'm no where near a phone or when I'm driving. Anyway, I got motivated and called my parole officer 8O :wink:

And donated.

And don't stop kidding around. Life's too short to be serious!

Matt.
0 x