Los Angeles Amp show 2008

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, CurtissRobin, zaphod_phil, rock_mumbles

Easto
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Los Angeles Amp show 2008

Post by Easto »

I'm going today (Sunday) with the girlfriend. Anyone else going?
0 x

Wayne_Alexander
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Wayne_Alexander »

I went yesterday, it was very, very good. Probably the most stunning amp is the JTM45/100 replica in the Metro booth, there's clearly no place for that in the modern world, but wow!

Lots of great sounding amps there, a few things that stood out to me were the Brownnote D-Lites, the Vox AC15 and 30 Heritages, the power-scaling Soultone amps, all the 65 amps, a 3-P90 Strat in Jason Lollar's booth, the Vox Virage guitar (the DiMarzio 3-90 pickups are amazing, single coil, p-90 and humbucker tone with only a passive 3-way switch on each pickup), very light body with a gibson-profile neck.
0 x

echuta13
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by echuta13 »

I went yesterday. Had a good time with my buddy who has dreams of starting an amp business one of these days...

I also picked up a set of Lollar P-90's. :D
0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

It's been a long time since chiming in here, so I thought I'd come by for a bit.

For any 18watt guys who came to the show and stopped by my demo room (Tonic Amps / Fane), I greatly appreciate the support. I've been toiling in the workshop for the past year or so working on putting out a line of production amps. It's been a lot of fun and a lot of work, and it's starting to pay off. I meet a lot of very cool folks at the show and hung out with a great group of builders on the off hours.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Cheers.
dart
0 x

malt
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by malt »

0 x

dartanion
Extremely Active Poster!
Extremely Active Poster!

Post by dartanion »

Here's a photo of GeekMacDaddy (left), myself, and John March (sitting) from the show. Simon (Particle) hung out for a good part of Sunday and was nice enough to snap some nice photos.

0 x

particle
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by particle »

More pix posted over at http://www.sewatt.com/node/18124
0 x

Easto
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Easto »

I was there Sunday from about 11:00 to 1:30. It was lot quieter there than in past years. I'm sad to say each year seems like fewer and fewer people go. I'm sure the economy had something to do with it this year.
0 x

tubetwang
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by tubetwang »

Easto wrote:I was there Sunday from about 11:00 to 1:30. It was lot quieter there than in past years. I'm sad to say each year seems like fewer and fewer people go. I'm sure the economy had something to do with it this year.
GM lost half it's value yesterday and Iceland may be bankrupt as we speak... sooo...i called Kurt at Rondo and ordered another Lester for me Thuesday Fed EX delivery :roll:

Support the music industry and write some good songs before we all go belly up :lol:

Major Twang
0 x

E-rex
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by E-rex »

I really wish I could have made it. I really wish even more that I would have made it there and won an awesome prize.

I do hope to get to one of these type events in the coming year though........I've gotta get my prioritys back in-line...working for a living is really cutting into my style 8O
0 x

apexjr
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by apexjr »

I missed this one and was wondering last year they had tables for
dealers in the back in another section out of the way, the year
before they had the tables inside the hotel on the left side in
a conference room... Where were they this time ?

Steve @ Apex Jr
www.apexjr.com
0 x