where???

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

TONEBOY

where???

Post by TONEBOY »

Where can I find a 36watt amp or kit-------are there any mp3's out there?
0 x

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

I don't think there is one yet. Graydon is getting the transformers and chassis made up,so he may have them soon. I don't think any files are up yet,and only a few members have there 36 watters going. But from them knowing the 18s,and how they sound,and now playing the 36 watter and telling of the differences,I'd say once people get to hear or play one,they will be a very hot item.

Richie
0 x

stevesuk
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by stevesuk »

Toneboy,
One of my 36 Watters has put in 40 hours or more gigging and playing, so they do work !! In fact it will be gigging again this afternoon. The tone is an 18 Watt PLUS if you need it. Some guitarists like to play without any effects and use the guitar volume control for solos etc. the 36W is ideal. I have only built Master Volumes with TMB channel and vol/tone channel. But then I don't intend building any more 18 watters without MV/TMB.
I have just had a quantity of the gold plexi fascia plates made up with the Master Volume Control in place of the second pair of inputs, as the MV control in one of the inputs can be awkward to use on a combo or head. You can use an 18 watt head chassis and adapt it (more holes required) as the GDS, Heyboer mains transformers fit in the standard cutout hole. You can even use the standard size circuit board (not layout) if you mount some components off the board and directly on the chassis. the chassis can go in a head or combo, I always make the head type layout now for all amps as it can go in a head or combo box. i even use ' wing nuts ' to fix the chassis, so all I need is one screwdriver to change the chassis from head to combo, depending on what I want. I have gone past the everything original, layout phase, as the amps I now build are all for using, been there, done that, clone thing. You still can't tell the amps from an original without a screwdriver and a lot of knowledge. Certainly not from the audience.

My next project is to make up a combo with one speaker above the other, with the top speaker slightly inclined back at an angle, so that the player can hear himself and not play into the back of his legs. Probably 28"" X 20" to keep it standard, it will have to be probably 12" deep to accomodate the top slope.

Steve UK
0 x

kollantai
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by kollantai »

Isn't that 18watter loud enough for you greg?!
0 x