Gutting out a Hammond E-111

Tube-specific discussions

Moderators: zaphod_phil, CurtissRobin, colossal

T-Ruxx
Unrated

Gutting out a Hammond E-111

Post by T-Ruxx »

I wasn;t sure where this post should go , but it has tubes so I'll put it here,
I got this from the church for free. The kids had pretty much thrashed it, as in , broke off a bunch of keys, pulled wires loose underneath the keys. I believe that it is beyond repair as an organ, I was thinking that there might be usable parts on the inside . I figured that there must be some type of amp in there, it's got some tubes in there too . Anyone utilized something like this ? Thank for any help or info, Greg
0 x

T-Ruxx
Unrated

Post by T-Ruxx »

My deepest apologies for this post. I read the replies to the old radio post, 18watt questions only. I was going to remove the post, but couldn't figure out how. Maybe that's something for an administrator, Again, my bad, please forgive me, Greg :cry:
0 x

Defdaddy

Post by Defdaddy »

No need to apologize - one of the amps in there could have been one of the ones that people here use to rebuild as 18 watters.

It looks like the organ uses an AO63 power amp / reverb amp, with 7591 and ECL86 power tubes, respectively. Not exactly the same flavor as the 6BQ5s in the Marshall circuit covered here but darn close.

If you have an interest in making it into a guitar amp, you certainly have what you need to do it; you'd just need to pick a circuit to follow and buy some resistors and capacitors (the least expensive components in an amp.) While it might not have an English accent, it'll certainly make your guitar stand up and do tricks.
0 x