Celestion Rocket 50

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

wjones
Unrated

Celestion Rocket 50

Post by wjones »

Has anyone heard the Celstion Rocket 50 speakers in a cab or have any opinions about them. Also maybe some suggestions on speakers in that same price range the Rocket 50's run $39.99 at zzounds. I am also considering the Jensen P12's but also know little about them.
0 x

reubster
Unrated

Post by reubster »

I've heard them in a quad directly compared to my quad [gt75's] and driven with my 66JTM45.

I didnt like em much, not much headroom/clarity and they seemed less efficient to the GT's........but these gripes are mine and it may be just what you are looking for.

That said, They did seem to simply lack character/mojo compared to the GT's and that is saying something!
0 x

dnator
Unrated

Post by dnator »

I don't know about the Rocket 50 but you might take a look at the Jenson Mod speakers. I have a pair of Mod 12-50s and I think they sound pretty good.
From my experience they let the amp sound like the amp. I.E. they don't have as strong a personality like a V30 so I use them a lot for amp tweaking.

The prices on them have been going up but I think they are around 45 bucks now.
0 x

wjones
Unrated

Post by wjones »

Thanks for the advice. I looked at the Jensen Mods but was unimpressed and really didn't like the sound clips posted on the web site but i do like the price.
0 x

Phil_S
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by Phil_S »

While I have no direct experience with WGS, they are supposed to make some convincing knock-offs and for $65 they are not out of reach.
http://warehousespeakers.com/products.php?cat=9
0 x

wjones
Unrated

Post by wjones »

Phil_S wrote:While I have no direct experience with WGS, they are supposed to make some convincing knock-offs and for $65 they are not out of reach.
http://warehousespeakers.com/products.php?cat=9
Thanks I like the way that looks and sound i will have to consider those.
0 x