RIP Ted Weber

The place to discuss 18W-related ampfests, get-togethers, gigs, etc. These should be of interest specifically to 18watt.com members.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, CurtissRobin, zaphod_phil, rock_mumbles

Shrapnel
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Shrapnel »

They've got an obit on his site now as you first enter it. It's also sad that someone thought his illness was faked just to get out from taking care of his customers. He's already missed by many, and I feel saddened for the loss myself, as overall, he sounded like a good guy.
0 x
Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution, neither is my amp :D

Brewmaster
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Brewmaster »

I was really sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to his family.
0 x

wingnut1
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by wingnut1 »

Ted will be missed, but he has left a tremendous legacy will all the great amp kits that he has left for us to build and enjoy. While there are a lot of DIY companies out there specialize in kits for one or a couple of vintage amps, Weber provides a hugh tonal palette to choose from. That doesn't even include the great selection of fantastic speakers that you can choose from to play them through. While I will miss Ted, I have so many reminders of him that I play through every day that I know I will never forget him.
0 x

rjgtr
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by rjgtr »

This is very sad. I've bought a lot of parts from Ted over the years. Ted always dealt honestly with me and I'll miss him.
0 x

18wanter
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by 18wanter »

Yeah, I heard he was sick...Wow to bad ! ..Bummer ...I just recieved my Alnico 6 1/2 " speaker for a champion 600 I ordered ..I knew he was sick or something but never thought it was going this way !

So sad ! .....RIP Ted Weber ...Kevin
0 x