Has anyone got or played Guytron Bigtone speakers.

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Deadwood
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Has anyone got or played Guytron Bigtone speakers.

Post by Deadwood »

I just bought two Bigtone 55 watters new from Graydon, straight outta the box they were really tight and uneven, er, by uneven I mean that if you hit the strings pretty hard the volume would go through the roof but they did sound great apart from that, so I put a filament tranny through em for 24hrs and they have loosened up quite a bit, they still get a fair bit louder when you play harder, not as bad so I figure this will even out eventually but they sound really good to my ears, I have a quad of pre rolas but I've been playing the Bigtones ever since they arrived and the pre rolas are taking a break, maybe it's just a pleasant change but I love the bigtones right now.
Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else has these speakers and if so what do you think of them, I can't find much if anything on the net about these speakers but as I said, to my ears they have somethiong I've never heard in any Celestion. Anyone else got/played some?
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

I'm sure I've seen some previous posts about these speakers. Have you tried a Search?
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

Graydon
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Post by Graydon »

Deadwood,

Thanks for the feedback. Like any mechanical device, it takes some break-in.

I can't take much credit for these. They came with Guytron when I bought the company. I was _very_ surprised and pleased at the sound that these speakers produce when I started listening to them and I have been using them in all of my amps lately. So far, I am very impressed.

The Bigtone 55 is sort of like a G12H30 mixed with a Blue. It has a sparkly top end which is just gorgeous yet it can rip with the best and it has solid bottom end as well.

I love them.
0 x
Sincerely,
Graydon Stuckey
www.gdsamps.com
www.guytron.com