Hall VVR in a 36W TMB with half power

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

blaren
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Hall VVR in a 36W TMB with half power

Post by blaren »

Hey everyone...season's greetings.
I just got a wee Hall VVR for cathode biased amps thrown in on a pickups for mustards trade I just did. I'd like to try it in my Ceriatone 36W RP with the half power switch. I'm safe with amps and handy with an iron but that's about as far as it goes. If anyone has time and is good with paint or other drawing program (or if you already have a diagram), it would be greatly appreciated if someone could draw the VVR into the circuit for me so I can do an "install by numbers".
This unit came with NO instructions and I can't find much online. I did a search here and found some info for installing them in an 18W but I need some basic instructions to install into the 36 with the half power switch.
Again...it'll be appreciated and....MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS!
0 x

ur12
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: Hall VVR in a 36W TMB with half power

Post by ur12 »

blaren wrote:Hey everyone...season's greetings.
I just got a wee Hall VVR for cathode biased amps thrown in on a pickups for mustards trade I just did. I'd like to try it in my Ceriatone 36W RP with the half power switch. I'm safe with amps and handy with an iron but that's about as far as it goes. If anyone has time and is good with paint or other drawing program (or if you already have a diagram), it would be greatly appreciated if someone could draw the VVR into the circuit for me so I can do an "install by numbers".
This unit came with NO instructions and I can't find much online. I did a search here and found some info for installing them in an 18W but I need some basic instructions to install into the 36 with the half power switch.
Again...it'll be appreciated and....MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Blaren

Shoot me an email at info@hallamplification.com and I'll hook you up with the instructions that come with the boards.
0 x

blaren
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by blaren »

Email sent. Thanks SO much. By the email addy you gave it looks like you MIGHT just have an answer lol.
Thanks again.
0 x

kedsinger
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by kedsinger »

ur12,
The VVR3 is not capable of handling a 2xel-34 amp pushing up towards 80w ?(I know there is a fair amount of heat already from the VVR's) I guess you can figure out what 1973 amp I'm talking about. I think I may want to buy few to have in stock for my customers after I try it.
Keith
0 x

ur12
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by ur12 »

kedsinger wrote:ur12,
The VVR3 is not capable of handling a 2xel-34 amp pushing up towards 80w ?(I know there is a fair amount of heat already from the VVR's) I guess you can figure out what 1973 amp I'm talking about. I think I may want to buy few to have in stock for my customers after I try it.
Keith
The VVR is only spec'd out for amps producing 50 watts and less. 40-50watt amps will have to have an external heatsink added in addition to bolting the Mosfet to the chassis. It won't work on a 80 watt amp
0 x