18 watt combo size

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

dirtman
Unrated

18 watt combo size

Post by dirtman »

hello all) want to make a 18 watt TMB as a combo, I would like to know the dimensions and then nothing in the network can not be found.
0 x

ChrisU
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by ChrisU »

You need the excellent plans that guitarmike2107 is kind enough to share. You can download them free from his shop http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/MODULUS-A ... Plans.html
0 x

dirtman
Unrated

Post by dirtman »

Thank you very much)) is exactly what I was looking for))
By the way, the level of Gain in the version with the tremolo and TBM versions of the same?
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

There are also drawings in the Downloads section - http://www.18watt.com/modules.php?name= ... oad&cid=35

Bear in mind the Marshall 18W originally came in three different versions, the 2X10 1958, the 1X12 1974, and the 2X12 1973.

I'm not sure what exactly you were asking about gain levels. The classic tremolo 18W and the basic Lite versions have a single stage preamp with not much gain. However, they have lots of crunchy distortion, which mainly comes from the EL84 power tubes. :D The 18W TMB variation has more preamp gain in the TMB channel, which is loosely based on a Marshall Plexi preamp's. The 18W TMB has also has "Normal" preamp channel, which is similar to the classic/tremo or Lite preamp. HTH
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp

rmroza

Post by rmroza »

wow! way cool. thank you!

in regard to sized, i'll have to calc it out, but i know the celestions i was using wanted 40L of internal volume, so i calced the dimensions at something like 18"w x 24" h x 10" d - FYI
0 x