Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

new Warehouse speakers?

Post by krx »

Anyone going to try one?

http://warehousespeakers.com/products.php?cat=19

That 10" with the huge alnico magnet looks really interesting -- love those seamed cones. Mighty expensive though :(. That and the other 10 look like they could be good choices for an 18 though...
0 x

WesKuhnley
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by WesKuhnley »

Haven't tried any of the new "American" style speakers yet...on my list of "sh!t to do". Unless you're going for more of an "Fendery" sound, I wouldn't use a Jensen or other american style speaker in an 18 watt. The 18 watt sound is really a G12H30 style speaker, a Greenback, or a Blue in some circumstances.
0 x

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by krx »

WesKuhnley wrote:Haven't tried any of the new "American" style speakers yet...on my list of "sh!t to do". Unless you're going for more of an "Fendery" sound, I wouldn't use a Jensen or other american style speaker in an 18 watt. The 18 watt sound is really a G12H30 style speaker, a Greenback, or a Blue in some circumstances.
For some reason there's so few choices in British 10s. But some American 10s have what is probably my favorite cone ever (or at least up there with the Blue cone): the straight-seamed partially-ribbed paper cone.
0 x

eslover
Unrated

Post by eslover »

Next week stagecraftgear is going to ship me my blackjack 2x12 diagonal cab loaded with warehouse "green berets". If I can ever finish my 18 watt build I'll be sure to share my opinions about these speakers.
0 x

krx
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by krx »

eslover wrote:Next week stagecraftgear is going to ship me my blackjack 2x12 diagonal cab loaded with warehouse "green berets". If I can ever finish my 18 watt build I'll be sure to share my opinions about these speakers.
They sound pretty much the same as the new production Greenbacks. Good speakers if that's what you're after.
0 x

eslover
Unrated

Post by eslover »

krx wrote:
eslover wrote:Next week stagecraftgear is going to ship me my blackjack 2x12 diagonal cab loaded with warehouse "green berets". If I can ever finish my 18 watt build I'll be sure to share my opinions about these speakers.
They sound pretty much the same as the new production Greenbacks. Good speakers if that's what you're after.
Yes, and especially if they can cover up bad playing! :lol:
0 x

kyoungsteadt
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by kyoungsteadt »

They won't do that! ;)
0 x

WesKuhnley
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by WesKuhnley »

krx wrote:For some reason there's so few choices in British 10s. But some American 10s have what is probably my favorite cone ever (or at least up there with the Blue cone): the straight-seamed partially-ribbed paper cone.
For me, that doesn't change the fact that an american style 10 will make a 18watt sound funny, or at least not totally like an 18watt.

To each his own...you bet I'll be trying some of the new Warehouse drivers VERY soon with a new amp design I've been working on for awhile.
0 x