Weekend Project

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

chabby
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Weekend Project

Post by chabby »

Well I finally decided to house my LiteIIB head in something instead of leaving it on bench for tweaking. So wanting to do something weird and different, I built a speaker cab out of mahogany I had laying around and used the baffle board that came out of the organ donor I robbed this chassis from. Then I found this old box that used to contain silverware and started looking at way to cut it up and modify it as a lunch box style head enclosure. I'm still a long way from finished on both, but got the big things done. The 2x12 cab sounds killer as does the head. here's a picture:

0 x

snoof
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by snoof »

Nice! I love these kind of builds! I've got a handful of organ chassis gut and rebuilds with head cabs made w/ organ wood.
Last edited by snoof on Wed 02/10/10 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

chabby
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by chabby »

Yeah, I've tried to not waste much on it. I still have the reverb and trem units that I hope to use in some capacity...maybe as stand alone units some day. I still can't believe how good the two 16ohm speakers sound.
The magnets on the back made me not too hopefull it would sound good.

Still, I have a buddy that is giving me a killer deal on a pair of still-in-the box Celestion G12 25 watters next week. So I'll see how they compare.
Yeah if I ever see free organs advertised for the price of hauling it away I don;t think I could resist.
0 x

Maccabee
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Maccabee »

I like the toolbox vibe of the cabs. How's she sound?
0 x

cl1093
Unrated

Post by cl1093 »

that looks great! and it's resourceful! I am planning on doing something similar with my naked liteIIb.
0 x