2061 Cabinet and Chassis and Plans

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

rmroza

2061 Cabinet and Chassis and Plans

Post by rmroza »

Don't know if this was entertained in the past, but I'm looking for plans to build a 2061 head. Also, what chassis to use? Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards

Robb
rmroza@yahoo.com
0 x

guitarmike2107
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by guitarmike2107 »

Robb Where are you?

Find a chassis you want to use first and then change the basic head cab drawings to suite
0 x

rmroza

Post by rmroza »

Hey Mike

I'd like to reproduce the Marshall 2061X Head Cabinet/Enclosure. I'm looking for the plans to build one myself and then find a chassis/chassis bos that will work. I just finally found the dimensions as the Musicians Friend link did not have it and Marshall site was DOA when I just tried. It looks to be 510mm x 208mm x 206mm - http://www.dv247.com/guitars/marshall-2 ... ead--61175

I'm in Detroit, MI, USA

Mike, you mention a "basic head cabinet drawing". Is this located somewhere?? Can anyone help out?? Thanks in advance.

Robb
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

I'm sure there are already threads on this site discussing how to build a 2061 o 2061x.

Also the tube compliment of a 2061 is the same as a Lite II or SuperLite with SS rectification. A box size and chassis for a Lite II should be about right, with just a couple of extra holes for the second volume and tone control..
0 x
Nature abhors a clean tube amp