What would you build?

Forum to discuss amp circuits besides the 18 Watters and their ilk.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

cstenger5

What would you build?

Post by cstenger5 »

I have a DeVille as my clean headroom amp. It has the global MV, BF tone stack, and dual clean channel mods from Frommel, from before I decided to start messing with amps. As a pure pedal platform, I have zero complaints. That said, it's got a huge Chassis and a good-enough cab filled with some pretty nice WGS 10s. I don't play it anymore, now that I'm playing my own amps. So now every time I see it all I can do is think about what I'd like to convert it into.

What would you build? A '59 Bassman seems like the natural fit, but I think I'd get bored with that. I've got a Headfirst Mini PCB I could throw in there, but I dunno... so many options. I'll probably use the 6L6s and the existing iron for now. I have an 18w TMB Xtra on the bench, an EF8615watt, and my son's Mojo 18w TMB which are all getting good use, so no need to hit those niches.

What would you build in that big ass chassis?
1 x
Chris Stenger
Stenger Guitars
https://www.instagram.com/stengerguitars/

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Re: What would you build?

Post by Bieworm »

cstenger5 wrote:
Tue 11/23/21 12:38 pm
I have a DeVille as my clean headroom amp. It has the global MV, BF tone stack, and dual clean channel mods from Frommel, from before I decided to start messing with amps. As a pure pedal platform, I have zero complaints. That said, it's got a huge Chassis and a good-enough cab filled with some pretty nice WGS 10s. I don't play it anymore, now that I'm playing my own amps. So now every time I see it all I can do is think about what I'd like to convert it into.

What would you build? A '59 Bassman seems like the natural fit, but I think I'd get bored with that. I've got a Headfirst Mini PCB I could throw in there, but I dunno... so many options. I'll probably use the 6L6s and the existing iron for now. I have an 18w TMB Xtra on the bench, an EF8615watt, and my son's Mojo 18w TMB which are all getting good use, so no need to hit those niches.

What would you build in that big ass chassis?
Chris... IMHO it's definitely worth it to stroll down brownface alley... the 6G4 super maybe? With that super harmonic vibrato..
1 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"

cstenger5

Post by cstenger5 »

Hadn't even thought about that. That could be cool as hell. Thanks!
1 x
Chris Stenger
Stenger Guitars

cstenger5

Post by cstenger5 »

Ah, too many tubes in that one.
0 x
Chris Stenger
Stenger Guitars