Help Needed - PCB Software

General Tech Discussion - Anything amp-ish goes!

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

TriodeLuvr
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: Help Needed - PCB Software

Post by TriodeLuvr »

It's funny how many electronics people are also avid photographers. I shot Nikon film bodies for many years, but sold everything off and switched to Canon when I finally (reluctantly) went digital. Canon's free RAW processing software is superb, and I haven't needed to use anything else except occasional Photoshop.

About JLCPCB, the cost would be about half of Express PCB by the time shipping is included. That's not enough difference for me to abandon a US-made product. Also, and not to get too political, I spend a lot of money every year to choose Western products over Chinese whenever the option is available. I know some people probably think this is foolish, but it's the way I do business. As a manufacturer yourself, I'm sure you can appreciate the importance of patronizing our own.

Jack
0 x

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Re: Help Needed - PCB Software

Post by JMPGuitars »

TriodeLuvr wrote:
Wed 01/19/22 3:10 pm
It's funny how many electronics people are also avid photographers. I shot Nikon film bodies for many years, but sold everything off and switched to Canon when I finally (reluctantly) went digital. Canon's free RAW processing software is superb, and I haven't needed to use anything else except occasional Photoshop.

About JLCPCB, the cost would be about half of Express PCB by the time shipping is included. That's not enough difference for me to abandon a US-made product. Also, and not to get too political, I spend a lot of money every year to choose Western products over Chinese whenever the option is available. I know some people probably think this is foolish, but it's the way I do business. As a manufacturer yourself, I'm sure you can appreciate the importance of patronizing our own.

Jack
There are also better domestic companies that would do it. oshpark.com, and lots of other companies. Oddly though, I used expresspcb years ago, and I thought they had the boards made overseas also. I would be bankrupt if I did all my prototypes and designs with domestic manufacturers. I'm a globalist, though I have nothing against supporting domestic companies. My issue is when a company wants to charge me literally 10 to 50 times more to produce a lesser product.

I shot Canon for years, but I switched back to Sony. I love their full frame mirrorless stuff. I shoot with the A7R3 and I recently bought a used R1 for goofing around/travel.

Thanks,
Josh
0 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale