SE Tremolo TMB

Forum to discuss amp circuits besides the 18 Watters and their ilk.

Moderators: JMPGuitars, CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

SE Tremolo TMB

Post by Bieworm »

Hi folks!

I a few weeks I will be building a single ended version of my favorite amp. I will be using a Tung sol 6L6GC STR tube for the output stage. Yes, Josh... I can hear you proposing the use of an EL34 coming from miles away, but I have this single 6L6 orphan left over from a pair of which I broke one when trying different tubes on my 36W Tremolo TMB reverb.
I have converted one of the JMPGuitars schematics to SE output. Is it just as simple as this? I might have to attenuate some of the signal into the 6L6?
SE tremolo TMB schematic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Re: SE Tremolo TMB

Post by JMPGuitars »

It seems like you have the right idea, but most of the SE schematics I've seen for 6L6GC have a 3.5K OT...and even better, a lot of them can easily be swapped to EL34 to make them better. 😉😉
1 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale

geoff 1965
Verbose poster
Verbose poster

Post by geoff 1965 »

Yeah i’m sure i’ve seen a schematic of an SE that let you swap in 6L6,EL34 and 6V6 power tubes,if I find it i’ll post it.
0 x

Bieworm
Verbose Moderator
Verbose Moderator

Post by Bieworm »

Thanks. It's the 15W SE OT I already ordered from John Wilkinson at Primarywindings.com , so I'll have to settle for 3k. With that preamp one could drive dog poo and still sound tremendous 😋
I used it in my Rockin'Bird as OD channel, and it sounds friggin' awesome in there too!
2 x
"THIS should be played at high volume..preferably in a residential area"