interaction between trem & normal channel in 1974?

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: CurtissRobin, colossal, zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon

Walker
Unrated

interaction between trem & normal channel in 1974?

Post by Walker »

Hello! Something I've been wondering as I'm quite the novice...is there any inherent interaction between the normal & trem channel in the standard 1974 circuit? The way I interpret it is you have the normal channel V1 preamp, which goes to the PI, and then to the output...and if no input signal is connected to the trem channel, then the trem channel components have no impact on the normal channel path. Is that correct?

Maybe another way to put it - if I theoretically removed all of the trem channel components and the trem tube, would the normal channel still function as usual?

Thanks!
1 x

JMPGuitars
Super Duper Admin
Super Duper Admin

Re: interaction between trem & normal channel in 1974?

Post by JMPGuitars »

Walker wrote:
Sat 12/03/22 7:08 pm
Hello! Something I've been wondering as I'm quite the novice...is there any inherent interaction between the normal & trem channel in the standard 1974 circuit? The way I interpret it is you have the normal channel V1 preamp, which goes to the PI, and then to the output...and if no input signal is connected to the trem channel, then the trem channel components have no impact on the normal channel path. Is that correct?

Maybe another way to put it - if I theoretically removed all of the trem channel components and the trem tube, would the normal channel still function as usual?

Thanks!
You're describing the "18W Lite" circuit, which is the 18W amp with the trem channel removed. The Lite 2b has improved values compared to the stock normal channel.
1 x
'I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious.' - Steven Wright

Modern Ground Schemes
Soldering Technique
B+ Voltage Reduction
Amplifier Tools & Parts Info

Web Design: DolceVittoria.com
Guitars / Amps / Effects: JMPGuitars.com
(anti)Social: Facebook · Instagram
Items for Sale