36 watt Update

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

36 watt Update

Post by Plexi »

Nik sent the head chassis,and board, its here..Can't say enough good things about Niks work,its Super!! This will make things go so much easier than all that punching..
I'll be starting to build this amp in the next few days,and as i go i can take pics,so it might help others that are wanting to build one of these amps..I guess i can put them in my gallery,or if not,maybe Gabi can load them somewhere.

As things go with this amp..there will be some options or things that can be done different,and still use the same board Nik has laid out.

Nik has the amp drawn as 18 channel..and TMB with feedback switch,and MV. So that is what the faceplate will have labeled.

Things that i hope to add later ..
You can choose a Pre MV or Post MV
The 18 channel can be the Normal Channel,or it can be wired like the trem channel tone and vol.
Or a 5E3 tone volume,along with a couple others.. I'll put the different option drawings in my gallery
Maybe add a cut control in place of a MV.

But as with all the other mods etc..i want to make this where someone dosen't get confused..keep it all in one spot and easy to find the info.

but first,one thing at a time,build this amp.

The Richamp in my gallery, is on its way to LA. The band American Minor will be useing it recording there album,from the end of this month till about Jan. I should have some more info later on this too.
You can hear 4 of there songs here..
http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac ... 1013162231
Richie
0 x

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

Just to let people know,i'm working on this..Trying to get things wrote up in a file,and take pics as i go. Building the amps is easy..typing takes time.. :)

Richie
0 x

bnwitt
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Cad files

Post by bnwitt »

Richie,
If you want help on the layouts, I can knock one out pdq.
Barry
0 x
Corona AmpWorks
Guides on Your Quest for Tone

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Plexi »

Sorry i've been behind a little bit,and slow getting the 36 watter putting it together. I've had to go to school at work,so slow going,working double shifts.. Anyway,i wanted to pass on,i got a call from the band out in the recording studio in LA,it was on my answering machine.. I let them take the head to use. The guitar player using it left this message.

"""Rich, no emergency,just wanted to let you know i just plugged into the TREX amp and been paying it..and i wanted to let you know..incredible..IN-F-ing CREDIBLE DUDE!"""

So it seems the amp is working good for recording..

Richie
0 x

Komboking

Plexi 36

Post by Komboking »

I knew you could do it.......
0 x

JeffFlowerday

Just landed a Marshall 4x12, must build 36 Watt

Post by JeffFlowerday »

White tolex, gold Marshall logo. It's a newer cab but it's loaded with early 70s G12H30s, original cones. My 18 Watt isn't quite enough amp for it, must build 36 Watt. :twisted:

Either that or I'll rape and pillage the speakers and sell the cab.
0 x