Trim pipping differences..

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

Plexi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Trim pipping differences..

Post by Plexi »

Just thought i'd pipe in on some things.. Jeff may be the expert on this..
I'm finishing up a red 2x12 combo, and ordered trim from mojo..well its not what i expected at all.. Its not the real marshall type or style..smaller with little cuts along the back.. i ordered white and gold.. both were like this..So just to warn people ..if you want the real stuff..get it from marshall.. but then again some may like this small stuff.. But i sure don't
Richie
0 x

SpentMusic
Admin, Charter Member
Admin, Charter Member

Trim difference

Post by SpentMusic »

Hi Plexi,

I'm not the expert but will share what I've seen. During my last trip to the UK I tried to purchase 400 meters of original Marshall Tadpole piping from a cabinet maker that has been building them for Marshall, Orange, Matamp, HiWatt, Ashdown, Vox, etc..... (the amount of stuff was unbelivable)

Anyway, it was small much like what you just received from Mojo. The white piping is much larger. What mojo calls large gold is the 1/8 inch wide tadpole piping, not the 3/16 you were expecting. I personnly use the small tadpole piping as it is not so overbearing. For white I have both large and small tadpole piping. The large is from the UK and is used by Marshall the small comes from Mojo and I don't know who makes it.

Oh, if anyone is interested we can get any color tadpole piping and string (the beading on the top and bottom) if we buy 1000 meters at a whack!! Any takers?

Jeff Swanson
SpentMusic, Inc.
0 x