Chassis Dimensions

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

gtrmac

Chassis Dimensions

Post by gtrmac »

Has anyone made any CADs of the 18watt chassis? I know there's a text with the dimensions in the Downloads section but I was wondering if there are any good drawings available. I want to price having one made here in Japan by our fabricator for my own use. I'm trying to get the cost down on making one of these amps. I can also do a drawing in Vectorworks and if anyone's interested I can give it to them or upload it here. I just want to get it right.

thanks
0 x

Gabi
Senior Amp Tech
Senior Amp Tech

Post by Gabi »

There is the one on Graydon's site that he designed...

http://elektro.cmhnet.org/~graydon/18wattcad.html

Also I transformed it in autoCAD format too and did a revision but there might be some stuff here and there that I missed (that's why I did not made it official yet). Although you have all the main dimensions you need over there... I made my chassis according to this drawing.

Check the attachment.

Gabi.
0 x

gtrmac

Post by gtrmac »

I imported the chassis drawing into Vectorworks and tweaked it so that I could do a conversion to metric dimensions.

I'm still going to go ahead and order a chassis and transformers from Graydon though. His package seems like a good deal in view of the fact that he includes the "Plexi" faceplate too.

But if anyone needs a drawing in metric scale I have it in .mcd format.
0 x