Feedback Circut & More 36watt Tips

Double-Bubble! Place for discussing the 36W version...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

NewGuitar
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Feedback Circut & More 36watt Tips

Post by NewGuitar »

Last edited by NewGuitar on Sat 08/20/05 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

JonFrum
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by JonFrum »

Regarding the 8 ohm tap - if you used another tap, you'd need to change the resistors you used in the feedback circuit to get the same effect. Put another way, putting a switch in to choose different taps would be one way to get a different amount of feedback.
0 x

Igbit
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by Igbit »

Hey there, fellow newbie

You really can't get that kind of info from a layout; they show only how to rout the wires, and where to put the individual components. You'd need a schematic to figure out things such as number of poles, which connects to which, the "froms" and "to's" and what's interconnected. I wouldn't dream of building an amp based on a layout only. Maybe a matched / proven layout & bill of materials, with part numbers, but not otherwise. Gimme a schematic every time, and I can figure out for myself what's needed, and what substitutions are safe, and what to let stand as is.

Karl
0 x

JonFrum
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by JonFrum »

Igbit

I think the same way as you, but I've seen many cases of guys building from layouts. Different strokes, I guess.
0 x

elcabong
Occasional poster
Occasional poster

Post by elcabong »

I'll take a chance. I think he used a DPDT switch; the poles are in the center. When the contacts on the left are closed, the PI tail is grounded so there is no feedback. When the contacts on the right are closed, the junction between the 2 resistors is connected to the PI tail, feedback is on.

I think you could do the same with a SPDT; the bottom part of the switch is not used.
0 x