anybody tried a single V30 in a 1x12" yet? or a weber c

Seeing and hearing is believing

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

bolero

anybody tried a single V30 in a 1x12" yet? or a weber c

Post by bolero »

.....just curious, I have a 12" vintage 30 & a 15" weber chicago sitting here, not sure which to build around?

I was thinking of making a 1x12" combo, with the V30, and using the weber in a 1x15" extension cabinet maybe?

also wondering which would work better in an open back cabinet....

thx!!
0 x

Professor

Post by Professor »

i have 2-V30's in an open back cab that i like it's not necessaraly marshall like, but i like it. a lot of people think V30's are better suited to closed back cabs though.
0 x

bolero

Post by bolero »

thx professor

I'm surprised that 2x12 you have doesn't sound like a marshall with a marshall circuit??

maybe I'll just make a head. hmmm.
0 x

bolero

Post by bolero »

BTW do you actually have a NARB amp?

I've only seen pictures of them in that marshall book.
0 x

Professor

Post by Professor »

in my opinion it doesn't sound like a marshall due to the open almost airy sounds as opposed to the closed back tight bass sounds that some associate with marshall. i have the wood to make it a closed back just been lazy lately (going to vegas for the first time next week) mabey when i get back. if you want an open back marshall sound i would go for blues or greenbacks.

no. i dont have a narb, i have been seriously thinking about making an 18watt head that looks like a narb b/c it was ken bran's fav amp, and as you said you never see them.
0 x

bolero

Post by bolero »

ok, gotcha.

thx!
0 x