2meg audio pots and replacements

18watt-specific Tech Talk - Building, Fixing, Parts, Mods...

Moderators: zaphod_phil, Daviedawg, Graydon, CurtissRobin, colossal

ab3640au
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

2meg audio pots and replacements

Post by ab3640au »

:lol: I'm having some trouble finding the 2meg audio pots, particular here in Australia. CTA has a 3MRA CTS Metal Shaft Pot and I've been told by an amp tech that this would work ok. Any thoughts on this? Or could someone direct me to where I can source a 2meg pot?

Thanks guys

Barry Marie
0 x

gtrmac

Post by gtrmac »

Bruce at Mission Amps said he has NOS CTS pots. He's asking $2 USD each but the shipping is a little expensive. I ordered three from him to keep on hand. You can also get a ganged 1M Audio and wire it in series. This was Gabs solution. I have one of these from Antique Electronic Supply too but I haven't tried it yet.
0 x

zaphod_phil
Builder, Admin
Builder, Admin

Post by zaphod_phil »

gtrmac wrote:You can also get a ganged 1M Audio and wire it in series. This was Gabs solution.
Yes, this is a good solution, since the pots are being used as variable resistors. So you can basically wire both 1Ms in series and get the same effect as a 2M.
0 x

ab3640au
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Post by ab3640au »

:D Thanks guys. I was aware of the 1meg ganged option (from Gabi's earlier posts) but my preference was to get the 2meg pots if possible. I'll contact Bruce. What would the effect of using CTS 3meg's be - would they work out ok or not? I guess it's not that important if there are other (better) options, but I'm curious on your thoughts just the same ...

Barry Marie
0 x

cek

Post by cek »

Here ia a 2M audio taper, price is right http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/c ... type=store
0 x